For the sake of brevity, 'AltcoinVPS.online’, will be referred to as 'AltcoinVPS' in this document.
Privacy and security are of utmost importance to AltcoinVPS* and we strive to ensure that our technical and organizational measures in place respect your data protection rights.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
"Personal data" refers to any information relating to an identifiable individual or his or her personal identity.
Personal data is collected by AltcoinVPS.
The personally identifiable information that AltcoinVPS may collect from you when registering for an account includes: first and last name, postal address, phone number, email and IP address.
Your registrant information will be needed for the following purposes:
- provision of our services to you;
- prevention of fraudulent transactions;
- billing/invoicing operations;
- provision of a sales/technical support service;
- maintenance of your account with us;
- dispute resolution cases;
- enforcement of our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- collection of aggregate statistics about use of our services;
- direct marketing;
Much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal data, but to the extent it is itself personal data, or is linked or linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.
AltcoinVPS will NOT send you any unsolicited information, including emails, except as mentioned hereby.
New customers will receive a welcome email containing information about the features provided by the Service.
AltcoinVPS may also send system notifications upon need, related to any upgrade, maintenance or other service issues concerning your hosting account.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
AltcoinVPS will keep your personally identifiable information private and will NOT share it with any unauthorized third parties.
When you use our services, we may collect information about your engagement with and utilization of our services, such as processor and memory usage, storage capacity, navigation of our services, and system-level metrics. We use this data to operate the services, maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the services, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our services and our customers, and provide customer support. We also use this data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal information from you only when:
we need your personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the services you have requested), or the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights;
We have a legitimate interest in operating our services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
Please note that in most cases, if you do not submit the requested information, AltcoinVPS will not be able to provide the requested service to you.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or may otherwise need that information to protect your vital interests or those of some other person's.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may access and update your personal Information at any time from your Web Hosting Control Panel - > My Account - > Change Contact Details section.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
AltcoinVPS is committed to protecting the security of customer collected personal information. To do so, we use technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alternation or unauthorized disclosure of information under our control. We use security measures including and not limited to: physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, please keep in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
If AltcoinVPS learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and send you any available protective information to the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice in your Control Panel.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
We may share information with third-party service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide our services and to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, service upgrades, special offers, or other information.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures
You may access other third-party services through our services, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within our services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
PRIVACY OF YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS
We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
PRIVACY OF YOUR ACCOUNT
We consider your registration data and the content of all your messages private and confidential. The header of the messages that you send will contain your name (e-mail address) and Internet Protocol (IP) address. We will not intentionally monitor or disclose any of your e-mail content or registration data unless we are required to do so:
- to enforce these Terms and Conditions,
- by law,
- to defend ourselves in any legal action,
- to protect our property.
Since your password is essential for protecting your privacy, we encourage you to NOT share it with anyone and change it frequently. Additionally, you agree to respect the privacy and confidentiality of others.
We offer services only to people who are 18+. Our services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 18, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
If you know of or have reason to believe that anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our site and servers, track access, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. It is possible that personal information about a customer may be included in the log files due to the normal functions of IP addresses and Web browsing.
We use different cookies on our website to make it as useful to you as possible. Cookies are small text files that we put on your computer or mobile device to tell us what you want to use on our site but they do not tell us who you are.
Here are the cookies that we use on our site:
We use a cookie to remember your login for you and what you’ve put in the shop cart. Also, we set a cookie to help you choose a preferred font size for using the site. These cookies we consider essential for the operation of our website.
External web services
We use an external live chat service (using cookies to remember your session name) to deliver real time support to you should you want to.
We use Google Analytics and Facebook cookies to monitor visitor activity on our website. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting. We do not share information about this analysis with any third parties.
Visitors can opt out of Google's advertising tracking cookie or install a browser plugin to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking software. More information about Facebook's analytics cookie is available here.
We assume you are happy with this usage of cookies on this website. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or delete the cookies (you can check out how to do that according to your browser here), or browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (named “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, "Private Browsing" in Firefox and Safari etc.).
We currently do not alter our practices when we receive a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser.
Please remember that if you choose to delete the cookies or use the browser anonymously, you may find that certain sections of this website do not work properly.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following data protection rights:
Managing Your Information
You may access and update some of your information through the Control Panel. If you have chosen to connect your account to a third-party application like Facebook, Google or Twitter, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app from the Control Panel. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you if you cannot update it yourself from within your account.
Data Access and Portability
In some jurisdictions, the applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
Opt-out of marketing communications
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you.
Data Retention and Erasure
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the contracted services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information so as to detect and prevent fraud and enhance safety. For example, if we suspend an account for security reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that customer from opening a new account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing purposes.
- Because we maintain our platform to protect it from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
In cases where fraudulent or otherwise illegal activity has been deemed to have occurred as determined by law enforcement or management, the information may remain in our database indefinitely in order to help facilitate the prevention of repeated abuse in the future from the offending party.
Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
If you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw it at any time by sending us a communication specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing and pending the verification whether the AltcoinVPS's legitimate grounds override your own.
Objection to Processing
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require us not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, we will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
By default, customers do receive any system updates, such as the newsletters, invoices and service email notifications. Customers cannot opt out of possibly receiving important system notifications, since the latter are deemed necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations to you.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we are processing your data, you can contact us using the contact details below.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information globally and primarily store that information in the United States. We transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
To facilitate our global operations, we transfer information to the United States and allow access to that information from countries in which we and associated companies have operations for the purposes described in this policy. These countries may not have equivalent privacy and data protection laws, certainly not equivalent to the laws of many of the countries where our customers and users are based. When we share information about you, we make use of standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission.
A copy of your personal data will also be stored in the data center you have selected when signing up for our services. This is done so that AltcoinVPS can deliver the contracted service in the location specified by the customer.
VPS Acceptable Use Policy
An Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is a set of rules and conditions systematized by a network, system or a website owner that define and restrict the ways in which the network, system or website may be utilized. The AUP is aimed at explicitly outlining the purposes for which customers CANNOT use our VPS hosting services and position data on our network servers. This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is accepted as part of the VPS Terms of Service each user agrees to abide by when signing up for a VPS account with our hosting services. Any violation of these AUP terms will be considered as violation of our VPS Terms of Service. We - AltcoinVPS, shall be the final part to determine whether an act constitutes a violation of this AUP and misuse of our services. We reserve our right to respond accordingly and/or immediately terminate the provision of the services, shall we become aware, and/or have sufficient evidence, of any prohibited conduct outlined in this AUP, or any other action threatening the secure environment of our VPS hosting customers and/or network of servers. We shall be the sole arbiter in determining the sufficiency of the present evidences. In order to protect our company's reputation and responsibilities, and guarantee robust and reliable VPS hosting services to all our customers, as well as the privacy and security of all our individual users, we - AltcoinVPS - hereby state the following AUP conditions to come into force for each user signing up for a VPS account with our hosting services:
- SYSTEM ABUSE
Any VPS customer in violation of our system or network security will be subject to criminal and civil liability, as well as immediate account termination. Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- Unauthorized access, use, probe, or scan of our system's security, authentication measures, data or traffic. Interference with the service to any user, host or network including, but not limited to: e-mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload the system and broadcast attacks, forging of any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting.
- Any attempt at doing harm to a server or a customer of AltcoinVPS* services:AltcoinVPS will immediately and resolutely react to any attempt at misuse of an Internet account or computer, or any attempt to gain access to an internet account or computer by a AltcoinVPS VPS customer unauthorized by the account/computer owner. Such attempts include, but are not limited to the following: 'Internet scamming' (tricking other people into releasing their passwords, etc.), password robbery, security hole scanning, running proxy - proxy lists and any kind of proxy scripts (including, but not limited to php proxy and nph proxy), introducing of any computer programs (viruses, Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, worms, time bombs, packet bombs, cancel bots, etc.) that are intended to negatively interfere with, intercept, irreversibly damage or take hold of any system, data or personal information. It WILL NOT matter whether the attacked account or computer belongs or not to AltcoinVPS services. The fraud will be subject to actions based on the very nature of the attack and those may represent a warning, an account suspension or cancellation, and/or civil or criminal legal actions.
- Excessive use of system resources:In order to ensure higher server performance and quality of the VPS service, all VPS accounts are subject to certain resource limitations concerning, but not limited to, server CPU usage, Memory usage, disk-space and traffic. If a hosting account exceeds the allowed amount of system resources, the account owner will be immediately notified to take actions in order to decrease the usage. If such action is not instantly taken by the owner, the account will be suspended. When an excessive CPU usage is detected the account owner may be also suggested to place an order for a higher-resources VPS package (if available) or a semi-dedicated or dedicated hosting solution.
If any VPS account is found to be causing degradation of the server and/or our hosting network's performance, regardless of the reason, the account will be subject to suspension or immediate removal, depending on the situation. AltcoinVPS will be the sole arbiter in determining whether a given account is excessively using the server resources and/or causing a server degradation.
- Cryptocurrency mining:Аll forms of cryptocurrency mining and similar operations are forbidden on our servers;
- VPN services:Users MAY NOT utilize our VPS servers to operate a VPN service;
SPAMMING IS PROHIBITED. Users MAY NOT utilize our VPS hosting services to transmit, distribute or deliver any unsolicited bulk or commercial messages over the Internet (an action known as "spam" or "spamming").
Spamming is a violation of ethic norms and will be interpreted as an infringement. AltcoinVPS will not tolerate the sending of unsolicited bulk or commercial messages through our services, as well as through another service that is mentioning, in some way, our customer's domain name or implies the utilization of our network or our e-mail services for sending the unsolicited bulk or messages.
SPAMVERTISING IS PROHIBITED. 'Spamvertizing' refers to the practice of sending unsolicited spam messages for the purpose of advertising a particular website.
If such e-mails are relayed through 3rd party (e-mail spoofing) and/or are promoting a domain hosted on our servers, this will lead to immediate account suspension unless an evidence of legitimacy for non-involvement of the domain owner in the particular illegal action is provided.
'E-mail spoofing' is a fraudulent e-mail activity in which the sender's (3td party) e-mail address and other parts of the e-mail header are changed so as to appear that the e-mail has been sent from a different source (e-mail address owner/server).
- - Sending of unsolicited messages in bulk, or sending of unsolicited e-mails, which provoke complaints from recipients;
- - Sending of junk mail;
- - Use of distribution lists that include people who have not given prior explicit permission to be involved in such a distribution process;
- - Posting commercial ads to USENET newsgroups that do not permit it;
- - Posting articles containing binary encoded data to non-binary newsgroups;
- - Excessive and repeated posting of off-topic messages to newsgroups;
- - Excessive and repeated cross-posting;
- - E-mail harassment of another Internet Customer or Customers, including but not limited to, transmitting of any threatening, libellous or obscene material, or material of any nature that may be deemed offensive;
- - E-mailing of age-inappropriate communications or content to anyone under the age of 18.
The user of our VPS services is NOT permitted to post online content or have links to content that:
- - is defamatory, abusive or obscene, violates a person's reputation/privacy, is reasonably deemed offensive by the web community, is anti-religious or anti-human rights, or contains any type of threatening or hate speech, encourages harassment or physical harm to any group or individual, or is otherwise malicious/fraudulent and may result in complaints/liabilities/or retaliation against AltcoinVPS by offended viewers;
- - promotes or encourages illegal activities (e.g. illegal drugs, illegal gambling, arms trafficking, etc.) or violates any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, including but not limited to the laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, false advertising, consumer protection, etc.
- - represents pornography - any type of pornographic/adult material, including child pornography, or advertisements of pornographic websites;
- - represents infringement on copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights, including pirated computer programs, hacking/phreaking software, warez or any type of software/content (including also ROMs, ROM Emulators, media files - MP3, AVI, .RM, etc., torrent files, and others) that is copyrighted, is NOT uploaded in compliance with its license agreement or is NOT freely available for distribution.
Copyrighted material must not be placed on Customers' VPS accounts without the explicit permission of the copyright owner or a person specifically authorized to give such permission by the copyright owner. Upon receipt of a claim for copyright infringement, or a notice of such violation, we will immediately run full investigation and, upon confirmation, will promptly remove the infringing material from the Services. Further procedures (in accordance with our stated below corrective measures) will be carried out if necessary. We will assume no liability to any Customer of the VPS Services for the removal of any such material.
We reserve our right to be the sole arbiter in determining the seriousness of each infringement of this AUP and to immediately take corrective actions.
We will disable the customer's VPS account if we deem necessary, at our sole discretion. Upon closing of the customer's account we will send an e-mail notification to the customer, stating the reason for the termination and quoting our terms' chapter that has been violated. The customer will be given an opportunity to respond and take measures to remedy the situation should he/she consider him/herself abused by a third party. Upon fulfilling of this obligation, we may re-activate the customer's VPS account, if we find, at our own discretion, sufficient evidence pro customer's side.
Closed VPS accounts due to repeated violations will not be re-activated. A backup may be requested, however it will be subject to certain penalty fees imposed according to the breach of this AUP terms. The final penalty fee will be determined by the type and frequency of the violations.
If you need to report a violation of this AUP agreement or believe that you or your system has been subject to attack originating from our hosting network, please contact us immediately. Our team will fully investigate the situation and provide you with professional assistance.
If you are using your virtual private server for reseller hosting purposes, you are responsible for the conduct of your Customers and by agreeing with this AUP, agree that your Customers will adhere to the AUP. Hosting resellers should make their perspective Customers aware of the AUP and the consequences for violation.
We reserve our right to change this AUP at any time, without prior notice. We encourage our VPS users to periodically review this Acceptable Use Policy and our VPS Terms of Service.